Tuesday 20 August 2013

Electrolytic Etcher–Design progress–Part 1

Hmmm … it would appear that my design for the electrolytic etcher is fashizzle.

Etch Circuit

First, I realised that the position of the LED and resistor should be reversed. So I did that. Then I soldered the parts together and gave it some power … bupkiss, nothing, nadda.

I either have a dud component, or my design is flawed. I don’t have my amp meter, so there isn’t much else I can do at the moment.

I’m going to wait until the weekend so that I have access to my other tools, and then I’ll see what I did wrong.

Of course, it could be that I’ve wired the switch incorrectly …

Oh well. This blog is supposed to be about the stuff that I try, and not everything is going to work first time … whatev’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal Donations

Donations to help me to keep up the lunacy are greatly appreciated, but NOT mandatory.